Feel useless!!!

(4 Posts)
Gingerbiscuit22 Mon 22-Feb-16 00:47:22

I'm in need of a rant and some advice.

My little girl is 4weeks old and from day one she has been a very windy and sicky baby. Unfortunately I was unable to breastfeed so am having to formula feed her. Over the past few weeks she has been worse we have tried infacol which seems to help the wind, but not the vomiting, the vomiting is getting worse, we are not at the point of throwing up pretty much her entire feed!!
I just don't know what to do! I'm getting very stressed with it all, as I'm unable to do much as she is very clingy and will only sleep on me!
I'm starting to think she either has reflux or a cows milk intolerance or possibly both!!
Going to try and get an appointment with the GP tomorrow, but any advice will be much appreciated.

Pinkheart5915 Mon 22-Feb-16 01:13:13

I hope the doctor will be able to help you.

Please don't feel useless flowers

If it is reflux, my nephew had this and my sister had an awful early few weeks but things did improve and all is ok now.

I had a intolerance to cows milk as a baby but again there is help and my mum coped, I out grew the it. Now at 25 can drink cows milk smile

Pinkheart5915 Mon 22-Feb-16 12:57:24

Did the doctor offer you any help?

Gingerbiscuit22 Mon 22-Feb-16 13:14:41

She gave us some infant gaviscon, so hopefully that works. She said to keep an eye on it and if not better by our 6week check to flag it up again then. Thanks for asking.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now