Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Discomfort when lying down after feed...?

(6 Posts)
BatMobile Wed 17-Feb-16 03:33:03

DS is 5 weeks and EBF. Feeding going well, gaining weight, lots of wet and dry nappies etc. He is very happy during feeds and after if upright or on me.

However he seems to be in a lot of discomfort when I lie him down to sleep after a feed. He sounds like a little gremlin, gurgling and grunting and squirming. He is not sick, other than a little posset now and again. He cries after a couple of minutes of fussing.

I always wind him properly and keep him upright for ten minutes or so. He is having infacol to help with the burps. He sleeps on his back in a Sleepyhead or Moses basket.

Any idea what this could be? Reflux? General wind? hmmconfused

Any advice much appreciated. thanks

fuzzyllama Wed 17-Feb-16 05:29:33

My dd was the same at this age. I was having to keep her upright for over an hour after feeds, as she was getting so distressed other wise. In turn this ended up with her not sleeping any where other than on me for the first 9 weeks ! She has grown out of it, and as far as the health visitor was concerned it was normal. She did struggle with her wind at that age. Feel for you, but it will pass I am sure !

BatMobile Wed 17-Feb-16 06:00:11

Thank you fuzzy. I was thinking it would be normal and time would heal...a miracle cure would be nice though grin

Gobbolino6 Wed 17-Feb-16 06:31:50

One of my three had this. He had reflux, it disappeared once he had medication. It's worth a trip to the GP to rule it out.

PosieReturningParker Wed 17-Feb-16 07:50:55

Sounds like reflux to me. I had two with it, get a mechanical swing as well as visiting your GP. There are always loads on selling sites and so you can get a second hand one or buy and resell to cut costs!

PosieReturningParker Wed 17-Feb-16 07:52:29

Reflux is like heartburn, very painful and a vicious cycle. Baby wants feeding as she's hurting, feeding gives her heartburn.... And on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now