Talk

Advanced search

Lilypadz

(11 Posts)
Ellaroo Sat 22-May-04 21:35:50

Has anyone tried lilypadz breastfeeding pads (www.lilypadz.com) - if so what do you think of them - my main concern is do they really not show under clothing??? I'm so sick of looking like I've got two flying saucers attached to my chest and am hoping this is a solution.

JulieF Sat 22-May-04 22:17:26

Yes I've tried them out. I got them from the lady who runs www.twinkleontheweb.co.uk becasue she wanted someone to test them before she started to sell them.

They are very comfortable to wear although I found when I wore them overnight I felt a little engorged in the morning. However I used to wake up soaking wet and I was completely dry.

They did leak a little if I had a forceful letdown, usually the opposite side when I was feeding from the other but normal pads never kept me dry at that stage either.

They don't show under clothes and if you are feeling at all sore rub less than normal breastpads. (I was just getting over cracked nipples when I had them)

HTH

bonym Wed 22-Jun-05 11:58:33

I've just bought some of these (direct from their site as I couldn't find a uk supplier). They are fab! Have had no leakage at all and can finally wear white tops! Only drawback I can see is that they might be tricky if you need to feed when out but I haven't tried this yet.

chipmonkey Wed 22-Jun-05 14:56:24

boneym, can you let us know how the feeding goes? Also tiredof the flying saucer look!

bonym Wed 22-Jun-05 18:32:24

chipmonkey - have been wearing them for 2 days now and did my first feed "out" today. The only tricky bit was trying to get the pad back on after I'd finished. I managed it, but as I was with 4 other new mums in a "kids" cafe I wasn't too concerned about being very discreet. I think in any other sort of environment a trip to the loo to re-position the pad might be easier. Although, if (like me) you onlyl leak when feeding (and not in-between) it wouldn't hurt to leave that pad off for a while until you are in a suitable place to put it back on.

I've not had any leaks so far and they don't show under clothes at all which is fab. I've realised that I will be able to wear my halterneck tops (with hidden support) after all this summer - it would have been impossible with normal breast pads!

chipmonkey Fri 24-Jun-05 15:57:04

bonem, where did you get them?

chipmonkey Fri 24-Jun-05 15:57:27

sorry, bonym

bonym Fri 24-Jun-05 18:18:45

I got them direct from their US site - www.lilypadz.com. They arrived really quickly - less than a week.

chipmonkey Fri 24-Jun-05 21:33:01

Thanks, I might just order some!

Mads1 Fri 24-Jun-05 22:03:45

A friend of mine from the states sent me a pair. They are great and very comfortable. I have leaked a few times but only when my breasts are really full. Has anyone tried washable pads? I got some but can't wear them during the day. They don't lie flat against the breast and so you can see them clearly under clothes!! I therefore wear mine at night.

chipmonkey Fri 24-Jun-05 22:51:43

I have found most of the washable pads are the same, the flying saucer effect as Ellaroo says. I mean, who has boobs like that? And why do the avent ones have a lacy pattern on the outside? Pointless!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now