Advanced search


(6 Posts)
Picnic2223 Thu 11-Feb-16 14:36:16

Hi I think I developed mastitis yesterday, hard lump in boob with rash, excruciating pain, head ache and fever. I managed to express and massage the lump out (Whilst crying) and I've taken regular paracetamol. The boob is alot less sore today and the rash had moved but my body is so sore. I'm struggling to pick up my little boy and i'm having hot and cold flushes. Any advice or when should I visit a doc?

Thank you

Peachesandcream15 Thu 11-Feb-16 20:30:29

I've no personal experience but my understanding is that you need to see the Dr immediately with mastitis.

MingZillas Thu 11-Feb-16 20:38:42

Hi OP yes definitely see the gp if you've not done so already I think you'll need antibiotics.

thenewaveragebear1983 Thu 11-Feb-16 20:38:48

I had recurring blockages when feeding my youngest and they are agony! If its actually mastitis you need doctor asap, possibly even out of hours tonight? If its blockages it can be caused by tongue tie, preventing baby from draining the milk, or badly fitting bra. Read the kellymom website for some good advice. I found a hot water bottle on the breast immediately before feeding helped, it makes the milk flow more readily. Good luck op, it was only 8 seeks ago for me but it feels like so long ago!

LostAtTheFair Thu 11-Feb-16 20:42:49

Please go to the GP ASAP OP - this evening to an out of hours service if possible. The antibiotic which worked for me was Flucloxacillin.

Mastitis is a nasty dose, you have my sympathy.

Picnic2223 Thu 11-Feb-16 21:33:29

Thank you ladies, I've kept on the paracetamol and I've just had a hot bath but will phone the docs in the morning.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: