Getting pregnant whilst breastfeeding

(5 Posts)
Elliee2402 Mon 01-Feb-16 22:59:49

Hi everyone!
I'm new here so hope I'm doing this right!
My little girl is now 13 months & eating 3 meals a day but still also breastfeeding 3 times a day & at least once a night!
Me & my partner are wanting another baby so we aren't using any contraception however my periods still don't seem to have returned!
Just curious as to other people's stories in regards to getting pregnant whilst breastfeeding please
Thank you smile
Xx

Diggum Mon 01-Feb-16 23:04:44

Welcome to mumsnet Ellie!

There's a long-running thread on this very issue on the conception board I think (under "becoming a parent") called TTC while breastfeeding. Lots of experience there so I'm sure you'll get some insights.

FWIW I managed it, but periods had come back early on for me despite EBF.

Have a wander over that way and see if you can find some TTC buddiesgrin

Diggum Mon 01-Feb-16 23:06:31

Sorry, just realised I used a load of shorthand there. TTC is "trying to conceive" in case you weren't sure!

Haggisfish Mon 01-Feb-16 23:16:05

My periods came back at 18 months when we were down to 1 evening feed. Got pg within three months of that and carried on feeding until dd was 3.5 years old! Bf all through pg and when baby was born. Was fab for engorgement.

ispymincepie Sat 06-Feb-16 14:24:00

My periods came back at 19months and got pregnant 2nd cycle. Had been trying for a year prior to that hoping to catch the first egg but no such luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now