Talk

Advanced search

Sore boobies!

(6 Posts)
Laurenem Sun 31-Jan-16 17:58:53

Hi all,

My little girl is now 8 days old, and up until today I have either been breastfeeding or expressing, but because I am getting no milk and baby lost a lot of weight I have had to stop (which I am absolutely devastated about) and am now fully formula feeding her. I was just wondering how long it takes for your milk to dry up, as my boobs are so sore already?!
Thanks

Eminado Sun 31-Jan-16 18:00:32

Have you tried expressing a bit to relieve the engorgement and also cabbage leaves?

Laurenem Sun 31-Jan-16 18:03:30

I've been told not to express as that will make my body think it need to produce more.

Eminado Sun 31-Jan-16 21:56:53

No you just (hand) express a little milk / stand under a warm shower and let the milk run a little while massaging out any lumps otherwise it will be very painful and you risk getting mastitis.

Pyjamaramadrama Sun 31-Jan-16 22:24:26

Who's told you that you have to stop breastfeeding?

Can you do a mix of bf and ff?

Laurenem Sun 31-Jan-16 22:44:37

No ones told me I have to stop breastfeeding, it is just what's going to be best for me, as in a 24 hour period I wasn't even getting enough for one feed and it was just really getting me down. Obviously I want to do what's best for my baby, but it just wasn't working and I probably would have ended up with PND.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now