Is this comic or allergy/intolerance

(6 Posts)
Icklepickle101 Sun 31-Jan-16 12:55:42

DS2 is breastfed and has been such a happy contended baby until 2 nights ago where as soon as we put him in his Moses basket he started grunting which then moved to screaming and then crying. This lasted for hours and hours, every time I laid him on his tummy on me he stopped but as soon as he was on his back it all started again. Tried endless winding as he kept arching his back and bringing his knees up but that didn't help, although rubbing his tummy did slightly.

I thought this was all classic colic but DP had a dairy and egg allergy as a child so wondered if these could be symptoms of an allergy/intolerance from dairy I am eating going through my milk?

rely not sure where to go from here, none of us can have many more nights with less than an hour sleep!!

HariboFrenzy Sun 31-Jan-16 12:57:04

How old is he?

Icklepickle101 Sun 31-Jan-16 13:02:13

Sorry for all the typos and ramblings!!

He is just over 2 weeks old

HariboFrenzy Sun 31-Jan-16 15:19:55

Sounds really hard flowers

What are his nappies like?

Icklepickle101 Sun 31-Jan-16 15:44:08

I feel for DP who is going back to work tomorrow, I couldn't function on so little sleep!

He has been having mustard runny pooey nappies about every 2 hours and a few wees and gaining weight really well despite the large volume of sick!!

Pyjamaramadrama Sun 31-Jan-16 17:19:44

I'd speak to your GP or health visitor.

It sounds like possibly reflux but only a hcp can say for sure.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now