Talk

Advanced search

OUCH! three and a half month old keeps biting my nipple

(3 Posts)
ridingsixwhitehorses Fri 29-Jan-16 21:33:29

And laughing when I yelp. Fairly sure my teething - he's not cross enough and no hard bits on gum. Any advice?

Topsy34 Sat 30-Jan-16 05:21:25

Poor you! I hate it when they start biting, it is a phase and it will pass.

My best advice, dont yelp. Hard as it is, dont yelp!

Ds1 started biting and found it funny when i yelped, and after a while i realised he was doing it in purpose whilst looking at me. I figured out that i would coo and make silly noises at him whilst not feeding and he coukd get me to make noises whilst feeding.

Best solution, pull him into the boob. It feels wrong to pull in, as you want to pull them off but as soon as you feel the bite there, pull the head into your boob, they usually let go straight away as they dont like the feeling. Avoiding eye contact will help as well, i found thst really hard but it was literally a few times of avoiding eye contact and pulling in and he stopped biting. He would intermittently bite when he was teething, but a bit of gel before feeding helped

NickyEds Sat 30-Jan-16 21:52:27

My dd did this. Milk bar shuts! It was usually towards the end of a feed when she was getting bored so I unlatched her. She's 6 months now and has grown out of it, thank goodness.Now just to tackle the general distraction and fussiness!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now