Talk

Advanced search

Expressing argh

(8 Posts)
monkey2014 Wed 27-Jan-16 10:12:49

Am trying to express for going back to work, but am getting less than 1oz a time! Have only been trying for a day....do I persevere? Why so little?

BertrandRussell Wed 27-Jan-16 10:19:40

I think you need to persevere- can you hire a hospital-type pump? That's what a friend of mine did.

But to warn you- I could never express whatever I did. I had loads of milk but it would only come out for the baby. I think I was quite a rare case though.

monkey2014 Wed 27-Jan-16 18:42:52

I gave it a go again later and got more - hopefully it was just wrong time of day for me.

If this doesn't work, should I try him with formula in the day or does he not need it?

MrsMillions Wed 27-Jan-16 18:47:02

How old will he be?

CityDweller Wed 27-Jan-16 20:15:15

Keep trying A takes body a while to get used to expressing. Could try a hand pump - I tend to get more this way. And good advice on upping pumping yield on the kellymom website

maygirl Wed 27-Jan-16 23:49:19

Best way for me was to express one boob while baby feeding off the other! Once you are at work and actually missing feeds it's much easier to express too .

CatsCantFlyFast Thu 28-Jan-16 00:09:10

Think you need to express multiple times a day for about a week to increase supply and see a decent increase in yield x

monkey2014 Thu 28-Jan-16 21:21:28

Thanks everyone, will keep trying. He is 10 months

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now