Talk

Advanced search

new teats for bottles every month???

(17 Posts)
trian Tue 19-Jan-16 16:44:12

I have tommy tippee closer to nature bottles.
I'm pretty sure the instructions say you have to buy new teats every month (if it's not a month it's some other length of time).
Is this yet another of the rules about breastfeeding that everyone ignores (like the rule that bottles should be made up fresh nowadays, not made then stored in the fridge).
Or is it actually a really important rule, like the rule that powder has to be made up with water that's over 70 degrees?
thanks xx

JarethTheGoblinKing Tue 19-Jan-16 16:45:47

It's a 'trying to get money out of you' rule. Replace them when you need the next size up, or they're starting to look a bit worn out. We had the same ones on for months

Thenightswatch Tue 19-Jan-16 16:47:24

I didn't change teats every month with my 2dc, didn't know I was supposed to confused I just changed them when I needed faster flowing tests, I doubt I'll change every month for my next baby either

dementedpixie Tue 19-Jan-16 16:53:29

I only changed when they needed a faster flow

MiaowTheCat Tue 19-Jan-16 16:58:24

I swapped teats when I needed to move up a flow, or when the slight orange spag bol spoons in the dishwasher incident stain annoyed me sufficiently to do so.

Plateofcrumbs Tue 19-Jan-16 17:01:05

I didn't even bother changing to faster flow - stuck with the same tears until I switched to a cup, so about 13 months!

unimaginativename13 Tue 19-Jan-16 17:16:27

I just came on to post this exact some thing!

My TT variflow teats are worn and I'm sure the flow differently!

I didn't know they needed changing is much! I didn't know aswell if the cold water steriliser wore them out too.

Anyway they are sitting waiting in my Amazon basket but TT are launching new bottles next week so I'm going to wait to see what the fuss is about.

trian Tue 19-Jan-16 18:33:17

thanks for the responces. I really wanted to just bf so i'm not happy about bottle feeding as it is, nevermind all this hassle and expense.....with bf you don't have to worry about it being sterile, nature makes it sterile!!

BumWad Tue 19-Jan-16 20:52:52

I did not know this

unimaginativename13 Wed 20-Jan-16 22:07:18

The new TT bottle are £8.99 EACH!!! The teats are £5.49.

Sod that. And they don't even have variflow ones.

Anyway it's seems the CTN ones are now on sale for £3.49 for 2 so I just bought a new set.

Annoyingly a whole new set of bottles are £10 but they come with size 1 teats.

Seems so blooming unreasonable.

JarethTheGoblinKing Wed 20-Jan-16 22:10:27

If you're using a cold water steriliser they will degrade faster. It'll be fine if you take them out after half an hour though rather than leaving in all day

MockTheWeek Wed 20-Jan-16 22:13:10

I've not changed the teats yet. DD is coming up to 11 months...

MooseAndSquirrel Wed 20-Jan-16 22:24:38

I've had vary flow teats for 9months and they are still more than fine!
Think its just TT on the make to be honest!

unimaginativename13 Wed 20-Jan-16 22:26:14

I've just noticed than when testing temp of bottle sometimes the milk flies out, some don't come out at all.

stargirl1701 Wed 20-Jan-16 22:29:59

Latex teats degrade quickly. They need replaced monthly. Silicone teats should be fine unless bitten smile

Trooperslane Wed 20-Jan-16 22:36:26

Loada shite. I did 70/30 bf to ff and never changed teats once. 7 months.

trian Thu 21-Jan-16 01:23:42

thanks foor the feedback

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now