Talk

Advanced search

can you restart Breast feeding at 9 weeks post natal?

(7 Posts)
Keelsf Sun 17-Jan-16 21:19:46

Anyone know? If I squeeze my nipples they do work still abit? X

DrewsWife Sun 17-Jan-16 21:20:57

Yes. If you want to restart feeding. Start pumping. Every 2 hours including through the night. Keep going until you re establish. This is what my health visitor told me

ICJump Mon 18-Jan-16 06:54:22

Yes you can . It would be worth talking it through with a breastfeeding counsellor to give yourself a plan

DesertOrDessert Mon 18-Jan-16 07:11:07

Yes, see LLL for example.
Good luck

tiktok Mon 18-Jan-16 09:48:25

Do give one of the helplines a ring and talk it over, Keelsf - it is definitely possible, but it's not easy. The more recently you stopped, the easier it is.

Good luck smile

tiktok Mon 18-Jan-16 09:49:33

Alongside pumping (every two hours is not necessary, though - every three is prob enough), you will need to give your baby plenty of practice at the breast. Does your baby still latch on?

ReallyTired Mon 18-Jan-16 10:03:19

It is theorically possible to relactate, the biggest problem is the baby learning how to breastfeed. I met someone at a La Leche League meeting who did relactate, but she mixed fed. It is very hard to produce enough milk for a growing baby if you relactate. She used a breastfeeding supplementer to give the expressed milk/ formula.

www.breastfeeding.asn.au/bf-info/using-breastfeeding-supplementer

If you want to attempt relaxation you will need support.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now