Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone seen the new aptamil formula tubs??

(40 Posts)
DizzyDancer Mon 11-Jan-16 20:13:33

Don't they look snazzy?!

That is all

icklekid Mon 11-Jan-16 20:16:47

Do you mean these Aptamil Profutura First Infant milk? Quick gander on aptamil website and normal aptamil doesn't seem you have changed?

DizzyDancer Mon 11-Jan-16 20:45:55

I can't see them anywhere online but there they were in my local boots

Just the normal formula but new tubs. Look like paint tubs almost

DizzyDancer Mon 11-Jan-16 20:48:08

Here it is. Don't think the actual formula itself has changed but it does look more "modern" I think if I was new to formula I would probably pick it as it looks more professional

Gunting Mon 11-Jan-16 21:39:01

What does the profutura part mean? It's three pounds more expensive than normal too!

DizzyDancer Mon 11-Jan-16 21:41:56

I'm guessing the profutra stuff is supposed to be fancy wording for "look I'm all modern and obviously better than the other stuff so pick me" without actually being any different. Don't know why it's more expensive unless it's a bigger tub?

DizzyDancer Mon 11-Jan-16 21:42:34

Just checked and it's actually smaller for more money! Most tubs are about 900grams

Gunting Mon 11-Jan-16 21:43:28

Oh wow, I googled it too and it says it's 'premium' formula. Never heard of it before!

Eminybob Mon 11-Jan-16 21:47:36

Dizzy do you work for Aptimil and are stealth advertising 1st stage formula? grin

Floggingmolly Mon 11-Jan-16 21:49:43

Looks more professional? It looks like a tub of Persil washing tablets!

dementedpixie Mon 11-Jan-16 21:51:51

It's got phospholipids in it whatever they are for

DizzyDancer Mon 11-Jan-16 21:55:54

You caught me eminy wink they don't pay me though unless I sell 500 by midnight grin

dementedpixie Mon 11-Jan-16 21:59:51

It's got egg in it now too as well as fish

ByThePrickingOfMyThumbs Mon 11-Jan-16 22:01:30

It looks like it contains dishwasher tablets.

Coastingit Mon 11-Jan-16 22:02:15

Marking place, I've ff two from birth Aptamil and baffled by this!

sleepyhead Mon 11-Jan-16 22:03:37

They really are marketing wizards hmm

Keep "old" Aptimil so as not to alienate current customers (because formula brands like to pedal the line about not swapping formulas to keep brand loyalty). Call it "Pronutra+" to make it sound nice and fancy and sciencey.

Bring out ultra special "Profutura" to fleece a few more pounds a tub from new mums. Because if you love your baby you'll want the best and expensive means best. And it's got "Profutura" (whatever the hell that is).

Eventually phase out Pronutra+ and you've magically changed the base line price for "premium" formula even though it's basically the same as Cow and Gate

Having been one of those sleep deprived, formula naive new mums back when they were peddling "Immunofortis" I can tell you it bloody works too.

CorBlimeyTrousers Mon 11-Jan-16 22:09:11

Haven't seen them. Son is on Aptamil lactose free (which comes in old fashioned tins and you have to level the scoop with a knife). I'd probably buy the snazzy stuff though even though I know it's all marketing bollocks blush By law all baby formula has to meet certain narrowly defined nutritional standards so it's all very very similar. But it is interesting that when we tried Hipp Organic (while experimenting with milks before moving to lactose free) our baby's poos definitely changed colour so there must be some difference, if not significant.

PainAuChocolat23 Mon 11-Jan-16 22:26:39

Saw these in local asda tonight. Sister and i were a bit wtf is this especially with it having no price on it

SnackPlease Tue 12-Jan-16 10:30:45

For fuck's sake.

Hazelb81 Thu 14-Jan-16 17:32:30

SMA have just changed their packaging too and name! It simply says on the lid 'New formula new pack new scoop' what it fails to say is that there is less in the tin for the same price.. So really they have put the cost up without 'increasing the price '! 800g instead of 900g. And the new scoop actually holds more too ( only 0.1 g) . They too have added fish oil ; is there some new known benefits to adding this I wonder ?!

dementedpixie Thu 14-Jan-16 17:42:36

Sma has jumped on the bandwagon and added the prebiotics and fish oils that the other infant milks have. Means it is no longer vegetarian too

dementedpixie Thu 14-Jan-16 17:44:08

Fish oil is for long chain fatty acids (was looking at their website!)

Hazelb81 Thu 14-Jan-16 18:11:50

That's disappointing because the reason I opted for SMA was because it didn't contain probiotics as I had read there were no proven benefits to this, could cause looser stools which could cause dehydration.

Hazelb81 Thu 14-Jan-16 18:15:49

Sorry should've said Prebiotic .

dementedpixie Thu 14-Jan-16 18:22:57

I think it was the only one remaining that didn't have them so now there is no option but to give them which is unfortunate if they give them the runs

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now