Talk

Advanced search

Fussy evening feeds

(7 Posts)
Rebeccaelizabethxo Mon 11-Jan-16 19:43:15

Every evening my 8 week old is having fussy feeds and in finding it so frustrating. She latches on perfectly fine, sucks for a bit then takes her self off, this goes on and on and on with crying in between usually as soon as she has come off. I wind her when she does this but that doesn't seem to be the problem ?

I'm finding myself getting more and more annoyed throughout these feeds, which can go on for an hour of messing about !

Any idea what the problem could be ? It's only from 7pm onwards she does this!

SerenityReynolds Mon 11-Jan-16 19:51:34

I think it's quite common? Both mine have done it. Babies often cluster feed through the evening, and milk supply can often be a little lower by the end of the day. I try to keep hydrated, take DD2 off and put her in the bouncy chair/play mat or walk her around for 5-10 minutes here and there when I feel myself getting frustrated.

CityDweller Mon 11-Jan-16 20:28:08

Totally normal! The Kellymom website has a great page about this - fussy evenings she calls it. Here: kellymom.com/parenting/parenting-faq/fussy-evening/

Rebeccaelizabethxo Mon 11-Jan-16 22:00:27

Thank you ! That kellymom link hits the nail on the head

dgcoco5 Mon 11-Jan-16 23:35:22

Glad to see I'm not alone in this -my DD is 8 wks & is doing the same ...on & off, cries abit in between & wriggles during feeding. Sometimes I find winding her in between helps ..and swaddle her seem to calm her down .after all that she does tend to settle for a good sleep -about 4-5 hrs in the night smile.

Rebeccaelizabethxo Tue 12-Jan-16 04:45:34

I guess it is fairly common !! Mine did a big poo mid way through and after that was s little better! Glad yours has a good sleep after, mine only goes three hours if I'm lucky ha!

youlemming Tue 12-Jan-16 21:35:43

DD2 did this and even though it was frustrating and tiring/upsetting it did pass.
She was and can still be a very windy baby, I found holding her upright often over my shoulder helped the wind as it straightens out the stomach, I wasn't necessarily winding her by patting/rubbing but just gave it a few minutes and let gravity do its thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now