Talk

Advanced search

Nursing strike?? Baby hasn't fed properly yet today

(6 Posts)
NickyEds Fri 08-Jan-16 14:19:23

Dd is almost 6 months old and bf most of the time-she has a ff at 7pm. Last night she was very unsettled in the evening and when we went up to bed she woke and cried but wouldn't stay latched on for a feed. After an unhappy 30 minutes of trying I gave her some more f and she went off to sleep. She woke at 1,3,5 and 6 (unusually crap for her) and each time she'd latch on for a few sucks then cry. During the night she eventually settled in our bed. All day today it's been the same story, crying sucking very briefly then crying again. she has had nothing all day until 30 minutes ago when I gave her 4oz f which she wolfed down. What's going onsad? Is a drop in supply possible? My bobs don't feel full which I would have thought they would.

QueenMolotov Fri 08-Jan-16 14:20:44

Could she be teething?

NickyEds Fri 08-Jan-16 14:24:54

She's definitely teething, red cheeks, biting, dribbling etc. I've given her some Calpol. Does bf make it worse?

QueenMolotov Fri 08-Jan-16 15:06:09

It doesn't make a difference how you feed her, but the fact is that her gums will be feeling sore, she won't understand why and will likely be cranky, cranky, cranky. Latching onto the breast, or sucking from a bottle would be problematic for her if it plain hurts sad

When my babies were teething, I used to give them calpol regularly, bonjela on the gums and something cool to suck/nibble on (a cooled stick of carrot or cucumber from the fridge). There's nothing else to do other than ride it out, I'm afraid. Try and reassure her with cuddles, but she might not be in the mood for that! Too sore and miserable! It will pass x

QueenMolotov Fri 08-Jan-16 15:07:51

Just get her to take some from your breast, or pump if she won't, as you don't want your supply to diminish too much. Your body will respond to her and when she's up to feeding again, you'll make the required amount.

QueenMolotov Fri 08-Jan-16 15:07:52

Just get her to take some from your breast, or pump if she won't, as you don't want your supply to diminish too much. Your body will respond to her and when she's up to feeding again, you'll make the required amount.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now