Talk

Advanced search

FF - what quantity at 5 weeks?

(3 Posts)
elelfrance Tue 29-Dec-15 07:28:17

My LO is 5 weeks old, and has been on 5oz bottles for the last 2 weeks, however the last few days he's been finishing every single bottle, and is unsettled afterwards. I know all signs are pointing to increasing quantity, but 6oz seems like a huge amount to be giving a 5 week old!he has a feed about every 4 hours, can go 5 at night sometimes. he's my second, and i worried about DD1 eating too much at that age, but even she wasn't on 6 oz bottles so young... anyone have any experience of particularly hungry babies?

dementedpixie Tue 29-Dec-15 08:46:57

If he's only feeding every 4 hours then it will be fine to increase his bottles by an ounce each. The alternative is to feed more often. You are supposed to feed to appetite anyway so if he wants more give him it. He could be having a growth spurt and is extra hungry

DangerMouth Tue 29-Dec-15 09:17:18

Can you feed him every 3 hours instead of 4? I fed dd2 every 2 hours until she was about 8 weeks. She was sleeping 10+ hours at night by this time so l do wonder if she was able to consistently get enough during the day not to need waking at night.

No idea though as dd1 was bf and fed all the time so that's my unscientific, definitely-not-proven explanation for dd2! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now