Talk

Advanced search

Help! How long did your lo cluster feed??

(4 Posts)
noshthis Wed 23-Dec-15 20:57:48

My 10 wo started cluster feeding in the evenings about a week ago. I'm in a bit of a state about it as my first cluster fed until 1130/12 every night until he was more than four months old. Looking ahead at what's in front of me well I just don't think I can cope again!

What's been your experiences with the cluster feeding? How old were they when they stopped? And is there any way to prevent???

I though we were doing pretty well. I was putting him down early around 630 and he was waking around 11 to feed. Thought I had it sorted until he either refused to go down or would wake up about half an hour later like a possessed baby!

Feeling so bummed I have to endure this craziness again sad

ArcticCactus Wed 23-Dec-15 22:11:51

I'm in the middle of this too! 11.5 wk old ds has turned into a milk monster again...

I know you're not supposed to but from the 8 week growth spurt I gave mine a formula top up as well as boob before bed. It gave me a break, saved my poor nipples and knocked him out a bit. Honestly that one bottle saved breastfeeding for me.

I'm hoping he's through it now as he sparked out at 3pm and has been napping/feeding since (he never normally naps much in the day.)

If he's going up in weight then your supply is ok and it's 'just' (hoho) a matter of pushing through it. It's hard though, isn't it?

BuggerLumpsAnnoyed Fri 25-Dec-15 15:46:02

4 weeks old, last 4 nights like 3 hours till midnight. My mantra is "this to shall pass"

Rinceoir Sun 27-Dec-15 21:19:35

Mine stopped the manic cluster feeding at about 10weeks but kept a milder form of it (more frequent feeds but could be put down) until about 3 months.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now