Talk

Advanced search

Alternatives to Medela swing or am I doing it wrong?

(6 Posts)
Trickytricky Thu 17-Dec-15 07:12:49

I have a Medela swing but I'm not getting on that well with it. I find I have to sit in a really uncomfortable position. I have to lean forward to ensure the milk goes unto the filter and into the bottle rarer than roll back down the tube to my boob! I end up crouched over and very uncomfortable. Any other suggestions for pumps I may get on with better? Or am I doing it wrong? Thanks!

Yarpyarp Thu 17-Dec-15 11:27:10

Not familiar with the Medela swing but I've got a new Avent one which is made so that you can sit normally and not have to lean forwards. I would certainly recommend it for being able to sit comfortably.

Eminado Thu 17-Dec-15 11:29:31

Are u using the right size funnel thing?

I had to buy a bigger one blush

LaurieLemons Thu 17-Dec-15 14:21:18

Hi, don't worry you're not doing it wrong! It's quite common in pumps where you have to lean forward, I would also recommend the new avent one it worked well for me, was quite pricey though!

dlwelly Fri 18-Dec-15 22:01:45

I have the mini electric but I'm exactly the same - have to hunch over to get it in the bottle!

ArcticCactus Sun 20-Dec-15 09:17:54

I've got a spectra s1 and it's great! Most pumps have similar flanges though - I find that if I put the flange on so the bottle is at the four or five o clock position it's better.so instead of pointing down at your lap and getting in the way, it's kind of at the side ofyour body and can go lower.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now