Talk

Advanced search

help expressing

(2 Posts)
Ladypug Thu 17-Dec-15 06:13:53

Have got the hang of breastfeeding but no idea what I'm doing when it comes to expressing! Did firat go last night and only managed to get 15ml! 20 odd minutes for 15ml!!! It just dripped out! Is this normal? How the hell will I fill a bottle? Can I express again this morning and add to that bottle? Can I express both boobs into the same bottle? Will I definitely have enough milk to express and feed DD? Don't want to run out! How often should I express? Is 1-2 times per day ok? I only want a bottle per day - sorry to be clueless! Feel a bit disheartened as can't believe how long it took to get next to nothing!

LittleFishBigOcean Thu 17-Dec-15 06:20:17

Firstly, stop panicking as that isn't going to help anything. Relax. What you can express is no indication of what your baby is getting. Some ladies never get the hang of expressing, after all a machine is no match for a hungry baby at getting milk!

Do a search for kellymom. Loads of great information on there about expressing. I found that in the morning after the first feed was the best time to express. But it is a faff.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now