Talk

Advanced search

Reflux?

(3 Posts)
saranga Sun 13-Dec-15 20:24:14

Crossposted from the sleep forum as I don't know if this is a sleep or bf issue.

At night I bf my 5 month to sleep. He lies on the pillow and falls asleep fine. We can also feed lying down and again he will fall asleep fine. When I transfer him to the cot he spits up nearly every time and this wakes him.
Is this reflux?
When feeding lying down and co-sleeping he would wake crying with wind two or three times in the night but I put that down to a bad latch and taking in air. On Friday night he threw up on me 6 times while feeding. :/

He spits up a lot during the day too. It doesn't cause him pain, although it used to, he's just a soggy baby.

Isit reflux and Is it worth trying to treat it? As I said he's not in pain but I think it's waking him up when I put him down.
If its not reflux then is it just caused by a reliance on feeding to sleep and so he's overeating?

Help! We're coming out of the regression and I want him to sleep by himself, for at least an hour before midnight!

saranga Sun 13-Dec-15 20:38:44

OK. Just now he came off the boob crying and cried till he threw up a bit. Is nowcalming down while being upright and back patted.

He is also still clustrr feeding all evening, mostly for comfort i yhink. He's always cluster fed. Slowed down for the week before the 4 month regression then went back to feeding hourly.

I've got some infant gabiscon should I try him with that? I don't know of he's crying with tiredness or pain now.

lilwelshyrs Fri 18-Dec-15 22:43:30

My DS has reflux. It's easy to manage, dont worry. I hold him upright after a feed for 20 mins and if he's still awake after the feed then I'll wind him. We also give him infacol before every feed.

The being sick is fine - it's just milk. Your DS will probably feel loads better after he's been sick (possetted). You can also prop up his head under the mattress to help the milk go down.

Apparently this should all get better at 3 months... Only 2 more months to go here!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now