Talk

Advanced search

Cluster feeding, day 5.... Will this ever end?

(9 Posts)
Redhead79 Thu 10-Dec-15 00:58:51

Ok, so she's been feeding for 5 hours now, and this is the 5th night of this. I'm not sure how much more I can take. I'm shattered and sore. Most of the time I think it's for comfort as she falls asleep but a few minutes after I put her down she's screaming and rooting again and noting will settle her but more boob time.
Will it get better (she'll be 4weeks on Friday)? Or am I doing something wrong??

doleritedinosaur Thu 10-Dec-15 01:06:03

It does get better honestly. My baby was a boob monster then & I felt like it would never end but soon your supply will settle & she'll go through less growth spurts.

Nipple cream, Netflix & a good pillow helps & lots of snacks. I also aired my boobs to help with soreness.

Redhead79 Thu 10-Dec-15 14:30:37

Thanks dinosaur, I hope you're right!

angelicjen Fri 11-Dec-15 01:47:58

Hang in there, it will get better soon. You are doing an amazing thing for your baby.

MrsA2015 Fri 11-Dec-15 02:05:32

Sending sympathy! Currently on my 3rd night of my DDs second cluster feeding phase at 6 weeks (first was during first week)! Gear yourself up for it during the day, have essentials next to you and embrace it is all I can suggest cakeflowers

Redhead79 Fri 11-Dec-15 11:10:41

Thank you both,
Had a much better night last night so fingers crossed we are over the worst...until the next growth spurt!

Redhead79 Sun 13-Dec-15 01:42:13

Nope, spoke too soon. Normal cluster feeding hell resumed. Will. This. Ever. End. Losing the will to be a mum let alone breastfeed.

Elllicam Sun 13-Dec-15 02:03:47

By day ten mine were a lot better, they both cluster fed all night from about day 3-10. My milk wasn't through until day 5 either time though. With my first I fell into the trap of topping up and never got out of it again but my second I persevered and it did honestly get better.

Elllicam Sun 13-Dec-15 02:05:56

Ok just realised she is 4 weeks not 5 nights, sorry. Sounds like a growth spurt, hopefully she will be through it soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now