Talk

Advanced search

baby poop

(9 Posts)
artisanroast Sat 05-Dec-15 13:57:04

Hi,

My baby is 11 weeks (7 weeks corrected as she was 4 weeks early).

She has hardly pooped since yesterday whereas before she would have pooped at every nappy change.

She is feeding normally. She usually breast feeds from me on demand until 6pm then has 1 to 2 expressed bottles and I feed her again at about 1-2am. Husband does the 9pm to 11pm expressed bottle feed to give me a break so I can sleep.

My husband didn't do these last night as he had a night out so I fed her myself instead.

She doesn't seem distressed and is feeding normally. It's only mum who is panicking.

Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Thanks

Sleepybunny Sat 05-Dec-15 14:08:34

Oh yes, some times this happened to dd1. You think you have them sussed and then they go and change the routine.

I'm afraid you're in for a poonami. Have you tried any baby massage? Rubbing her tummy and bicycling legs?

artisanroast Sat 05-Dec-15 14:20:01

Hi,

Thanks. I tried a wee bit of baby massage but perhaps not for long enough.

Poonami would be welcomed right now! Haha! Just the relief of her having gone. Poor wee soul

xx

Ahardmanisgoodtofind Sat 05-Dec-15 14:44:13

Dd was like that,regular as clock work then suddenly stopped,now she goes 2-3days between. As long as your dd doesn't seem to be in pain it's normal for breastfed babies to go longer between poohs because there's less waste to pass (according to my doctor,who was quite amused when I bought it up at 8 week check).

shockedballoon Sat 05-Dec-15 14:56:20

I remember DS doing this at a similar age (he was also bf-d). We were going to a wedding and I was borderline panicking as it'd been 2 days, though DS was otherwise perfectly well.
Halfway into an hour's motorway journey DS produced the most epic poonami imaginable. Seriously, up the back out the sides up the front, he was practically swimming in it in his car seat!

artisanroast Sun 06-Dec-15 09:13:41

Poonami this morning - phew!!! Change of clothing required.

I have never been so pleased to see poo!

villainousbroodmare Sun 06-Dec-15 09:20:43

DS went from 3-4 dirty nappies a day to two a week at the same age. I think it's great. Just need to be ready on day 3 for a possible outfit change if you're out and about!

Sleepybunny Sun 06-Dec-15 09:25:54

Yay! That's good news! Now prepare for it happening again, but at the most inappropriate place and on the on day you just popped out and didn't bring a change of clothes. grin

artisanroast Sun 06-Dec-15 19:01:12

Haha!!!

I think this is definitely her new routine. She hasn't pooped again today after poonami.

The wee tot was crying really really loudly this morning when she woke me. Obviously telling me she needed a nappy change.

Note to self - from now on never leave the house without a change of clothes!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now