Talk

Advanced search

3rd feed since 2.30am....help!

(5 Posts)
Nottalotta Sat 05-Dec-15 04:53:51

Ds is 4mo, EBF , co sleeping, bottle refuser ........

He hs started being distracted during daytime feeds. Thursday night was a constant round of feeding, wind, sick, feeding, comfort sucking etc etc. I didn't sleep after 1.30am with Ds asleep either omit my lap or shoulder and waking each time i put him down.

tonight has been better. Slept 11 - 2.20 but is just finishing his third feed since that wake up. Not just comfort sucking . Won't always feed laying down. Is arching his head back now so gte wind or will be sick.

Anything i can do? A few weeks ago his first wake up was 3.30 then he cluster fed. I could cope with that!

FreeButtonBee Sat 05-Dec-15 05:17:47

I also cuddling 4mi ds2 after his millionth feed of the night. My advice? Ride it out for a week, try to feed as often as possible in the day (not easy j know) and if it still persists after a week, then some gentle gentle resettling. I will be doing this (am on night 3!). End of Next week I will start to push back to 3 hourly gaps overnight, with rocking and patting to resettle in the interim. Can be very painful but eventually works. Thinks it's a combo of sleep regression, cold, growth spurt and nosiness in the day.

Nottalotta Sat 05-Dec-15 05:22:41

Thanks, the daytime business can't help can it? Yesterday wasn't too bad until his epic 6 hrs nap so fed before bed but was probably hungry from that. I am on a sleep regression thread but feel its more of a feeding issue. I don't know how else to settle him though which doesn't help, he feeds to sleep and often wakes when i put him down. Never falls asleep just layingbthere......

FreeButtonBee Sat 05-Dec-15 06:54:16

I hold him across my body so head is on my forearm, one arm dangling below and roughly horizontal but on his side then do an exaggerated bouncy walk and shh until he is very calm then a gentle pace/jiggle until fairly soundly asleep. Then gently transfer after waiting 5 mins. Gradually I can reduce the waiting time and put him down in a very light sleep and give him a jiggle when in the cot to settle. Took a while to get it going but am hoping eventually it will move to jut jiggling in cot for settling !

Nottalotta Sat 05-Dec-15 10:13:18

Thanks Free, its just too easy to pop him on a boob when he's grizzling

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now