Talk

Advanced search

how can i increase supply?

(7 Posts)
spillyobeans Thu 03-Dec-15 12:23:41

6 month old, breastfed, gets ocassional bottle. I fear my supply has dropped as a few times ds has fed for aggges been really fussy and then downed 9oz formula afterward. He never seems satisfied after a feed any more. Any advice?

NickyEds Thu 03-Dec-15 13:35:26

How much f does he have and how regularly?
Have you started weaning yet?

MariaSheeva Thu 03-Dec-15 13:52:27

I know for sure - the more you breastfeed - the more milk you eventually produce. Later the supply is performed at the moment the baby is sucking. But the formula is using cow milk at the basis, which is more nutrient. Check this article motherhow.com/breastfeeding-dont-believe-in-rumors/ perhaps, you'll find how to manage the issue. I'm sure you can restore the necessary supply. Wish your baby to be healthy, since you care so much

BathshebaDarkstone Thu 03-Dec-15 13:54:22

Feed, feed, feed! grin

DimpleHands Thu 03-Dec-15 20:07:34

Apparently fenugreek capsules work? But never tried it myself.

spillyobeans Thu 03-Dec-15 22:29:14

He stays over at grans on a sunday, so is away from 8pm untill about 10am, that is only time he has formula unless really fussy at boob, and i pump when hes away so mostly try and supliment pumped milk ratger than formula when i can. He is a v hungry baby and a big one (6 month 20lbs) feeds every 3-4 hours, if formula will down 9oz each time, if boob normally 15 mins in total at each feed and maybe 1 long evening sesh

jaggythistlez Sat 12-Dec-15 21:34:33

My daughter is 6 months old and feeds loads tbh. Her two older siblings were the same.

6 months was hard work especially as i was going back to work last time. My friend with a baby the same age also found she was up lots at 6 months. We were very tired!

As a pp mentioned above just feed as much as possible. My DD is on my knee while I watch TV this evening and i think spent about 25% of last night in her own cot. blush

It does pass!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now