Talk

Advanced search

3 month old distracted during bfing

(7 Posts)
IsYourNameMichaelDiamond Wed 25-Nov-15 11:49:56

If he spins his head round without unlatching again I think my nip might just come off! We're in a quiet calm place with no distractions - what else can I try?

IsYourNameMichaelDiamond Wed 25-Nov-15 11:50:22

Please smile

LittleBearPad Wed 25-Nov-15 11:52:06

Putting a shawl or something over his head. Clearly don't suffocate him grin. It never worked with mine. He liked to see what was going on.

Is he actually hungry. You could try stopping for a few minutes and then see what happens.

Unfortunately he's just working out that the world is a fascinating place and there's lots to see!

randomsabreuse Wed 25-Nov-15 11:53:38

Place marking for better ideas than just being very ready to unlatch. Mine also chews so getting quick with unlatch followed by No! And wait 30s before latching. Not mad on the clamp/head shake move either!

Minimonkeysmum Wed 25-Nov-15 11:59:34

You can get jewellery for breastfeeding - i found this really helpful when my little one was getting distracted. They can fiddle with it while feeding, which I found helped to stop the yanked nipples! There are various places that sell them (can't remember where I got mine), but this one seems to have a good range: mamajewels.co.uk/

Good luck!

IsYourNameMichaelDiamond Wed 25-Nov-15 12:00:24

littlebear we call that 'the parrot' - DH can often be heard saying "just put a blanket over the pram so he thinks it's sleepy time"!
Maybe DS wasn't that hungry despite the screeching... now he's all smily and leg kicky and wanting a play!

villainousbroodmare Wed 25-Nov-15 12:05:51

If DS is genuinely hungry as opposed to just passing the time, I find a lot less chompsing and head-spinning occurs. Obviously I don't starve the child but I don't produce a boob any more often than two-hourly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now