Talk

Advanced search

Dairy intolerance?

(6 Posts)
eallison88 Mon 23-Nov-15 17:26:52

Hi all. Anyone had any experience with dairy intolerance? My GP suggested a few weeks ago cutting out dairy - baby was feeding constantly and spewing almost every time. Turns out he was having the 6 week growth spurt. I cut dairy for a week and it didn't seem yo make as much difference as going back to feeding every couple of hours - still a bit spewy. He's been a vomity baby from birth;tomatoes didn't seem yo help so I've not eaten them for a month.

He's now 8 weeks old and the vomiting seems to habe come back strongly - two massive voms today. I had a very dairy heavy day yesterday so wondering if it might be that (have had none today!).

My question is how do I identify if it is a dairy intolerance (or something else Im eating). I'm breastfeeding, in case that wasn't obvious!

All suggestions gratefully received; totally over having to change baby and myself multiple times a day!

HariboFrenzy Mon 23-Nov-15 17:31:43

My baby is cmpi and from what I understand it can take upto 2 weeks for dairy to leave your system. You need really to be completely dairy free for 2 weeks to see a difference, and that means completely dairy free - checking all labels as dairy ends up in some surprising things - ketchup anyone??

Also just to add that for my ds it is a build up of dairy that causes the problem.

Finally has the dr suggested anything for the reflux, eg gaviscon?

dementedpixie Mon 23-Nov-15 17:32:08

Is he being treated for reflux at all?

eallison88 Mon 23-Nov-15 20:42:42

Ok, I'll do away with dairy fir the next few weeks and see what happens. Not being treated for reflux though I did wonder if he should be.

dementedpixie Mon 23-Nov-15 20:46:45

With all the vomiting I would see if he could get something to help

eallison88 Mon 23-Nov-15 22:18:44

Ok, I'll get a doctor's appointment and discuss reflux. I haven't been to bothered up to now cos although it was frustrating to change him/me/being it wasn't the end if the world and he never seemed upset by it, but the last couple of days he's clearly been distressed by the throwing up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now