Talk

Advanced search

daft nipple question

(3 Posts)
madsaz76 Sat 21-Nov-15 09:53:11

So first time pregnancy and the OMG this is really going to happen is kicking in.

I know lots of women struggle with their nipple etc. I really want to get this right and suspect this is a silly question. Due date is weeks away.

So - is there anything you can do in the third trimester to prepare your nipple and boobs?

I'm sure if there is a great tip it would be all over the Internet. I'm just thinking ahead as anxious I am going to prove an enormous wuss.....

Lemonfizzypop Sat 21-Nov-15 09:57:42

I don't think so, just do some revision on what a good latch looks like! A few feeds with a bad latch mean cracked nipples that will take a while to heal..speaking from experience here!

That video someone posted on another thread is really useful. I think there will always be an element of discomfort cos essentially it's still someone nibbling at you for hours on end! But getting a good latch is SO important to minimise any injury!

Oh and stock up on lansinoh so you have it from the get go!

3sugarsplease Sat 21-Nov-15 10:00:24

LANSINOH LANSINOH LANSINOH gringrin

Use this from day one.. I made the mistake of not and was in agony. Be prepared, it's uncomfortable and sometimes painful to start but it will go. Just persevere!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now