Talk

Advanced search

Ardo Calypso Double Pump

(9 Posts)
PebbleTTC Fri 20-Nov-15 13:49:30

Hi all, hoping someone can help. I was using a Medela swing pump (borrowed from friend) and on Tuesday I bought the Ardo Calypso after reading the reviews. I seem to only get 30 mls from this pump and this would be over the whole day pumping between feeds, after feeds etc. I could get almost 100mls from medela no problem. I rang Ardo they said the fault is me not the pump so does anyone have any ideas how to increase the milk? Iv tried pumping in front of baby, looking at pictures, massaging breasts

jessplussomeonenew Fri 20-Nov-15 13:57:44

Hmm, do the cups sit properly over your nipples (there are diagrams of how your nipples should sit in the cups) and can you see the nipples being moved by the pump action? Calypso does different cup sizes which may help. What frequency/suction combination are you using? May be worth playing about to see what works. Are the tubes unobstructed and dry? Are the green caps securely positioned and have you got the white valve and the diaphragm properly in place? If you're double pumping, it can help to pinch closed each tube in turn to check there's a good seal both sides.

PebbleTTC Fri 20-Nov-15 14:15:21

Hi Jess, thank you for the reply.

I think the cups are fine as they are same as what I was using with medela. I can see nipples move in and out. I get a about 4 or 5 good size drops of milk when I first use it then it completely stops flowing.

I'll attach pic of settings I use

PebbleTTC Fri 20-Nov-15 14:16:10

Pic one

PebbleTTC Fri 20-Nov-15 14:17:13

Pic 2

PebbleTTC Fri 20-Nov-15 14:19:33

First pic is setting I use for getting milk to start and second one is once it has started

jessplussomeonenew Fri 20-Nov-15 14:42:14

Hmm, that looks like what the instructions recommend but may be worth experimenting as something else may be better for you (I tend to use 6 on suction and frequency throughout expressing which seems to work).

PebbleTTC Fri 20-Nov-15 16:01:34

Thanks I will try that!

BumWad Tue 24-Nov-15 19:27:05

I have used the Medela Symphony, Ardo Calypso and Medela Freestyle. Got around the same amount of milk. I wacked the levels right up on the Ardo though.

Sorry not very helpful

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now