Talk

Advanced search

hand expressing

(7 Posts)
graceimogen123 Tue 10-Nov-15 21:28:06

opinions on hand expressing??

GloGirl Tue 10-Nov-15 21:30:46

I found it useful to let a bit of he run off, to express colostrum and to pass blockages etc (vital in fact) but I did not have the patience to do it to express a full feed.

Why do you ask?

artisanroast Mon 16-Nov-15 05:21:47

I found it fine for colostrum but overall useless. Once my flow was getting established I bought a Lansinoh double electric pump and haven't looked back. DH does 1-2 feeds and I do the rest but it allows for an odd glass of wine and last Friday a night out!!! xx

NickyEds Tue 17-Nov-15 14:40:29

hate it. I'd only do it if I was desperately engorged. I have a Lansinoh double electric which is a good pump but using it makes me feel weirdly nauseous and hand expressing is worse. but then I'm oddconfused. Why do you ask?

cathpip Tue 17-Nov-15 14:51:14

Only did it if I was badly engorged and dc couldn't latch properly, and then only expressed off minimal so that dc could latch on.

timelytess Tue 17-Nov-15 14:58:24

Loved it. Could squirt milk at the husband sitting yards away. Its easy when you forget that its supposed to be hard. Just do it.

wetsnow Tue 17-Nov-15 15:04:37

I also got on better with hand expressing than pumping. Once I found the right spot it works flow out ??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now