Talk

Advanced search

Missed 2 feeds and feeling like death

(4 Posts)
Rinceoir Fri 30-Oct-15 23:05:39

DD is 18months! She has been feeding a lot lately, but over past few days has been eating and sleeping better. She went through the night last night, had a quick feed from the left breast this morning. I worked a 13 hour shift and got home at 9pm; she had just fallen asleep. My breasts are sore and engorged, after pumping 12oz and I'm nauseated, aching all over. This happens to me any time I go longer than usual between feeds, it never turns into mastitis but just the engorgement makes me feel so ill. Does anyone else have similar? I'm sure she will wake soon and I'll be better by morning but it seems ridiculous to still need to pump at this stage having just gone a bit longer than usual.

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 01-Nov-15 09:15:49

Sounds awful. How are you this morning?

Rinceoir Sun 01-Nov-15 11:31:00

Thanks Julie, she didn't wake until 530am yesterday, had a big feed then. I felt much better after that, just sore and bruised. Everytime I try to cut back or she does herself I become engorged and consequently feel really ill. It's very unpleasant! Have a week of nights coming up and I really hate having to pump but am worried about getting mastitis. Especially since DD had never drank any expressed milk and it ends up down the drain.

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 01-Nov-15 13:02:51

Does seem like a bit of a waste, but could you just express enough so that you feel comfortable? smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now