Talk

Advanced search

Cup feeding 5mo

(3 Posts)
avocadoghost Thu 29-Oct-15 17:54:34

DD has (up to now) been fine in taking a bottle of expressed milk, but we had a wobble the other day when she flat out refused (I wasn't in, so me being near wasn't a factor).

It may have just been a one off, but just in case, I was thinking it could be good to try her with a cup. What's the best type to use? We do have a sippy cup in the house already but I doubt she'd be coordinated enough to get it to her mouth yet. Is a doidy cup worth using at this age?

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 29-Oct-15 21:35:22

If you try her with a doidy cup, I'd try it in the bath first. They can make a right mess at first smile.

youlemming Thu 29-Oct-15 22:38:22

Our HV recommended either the doidy cup or the tommee tippee free flow as DD2 completely refuses a bottle.
As long as it doesn't have a valve that they have to suck on its fine.

At our postnatal group the HV gave out the free flow cups that had an insert in which was like an internal cover that goes on before the usual lid with a hole in to slow the flow down, tt only provide them to the health service so might be worth giving your local HV office a call to see if they have any.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now