Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Please help me to prepare for nursery!

(7 Posts)
DrMum83 Thu 29-Oct-15 11:39:43

DD is 9.5mo, breast fed. She's starting nursery in January - 2 full days per week and my DH is having her alone for a full day each week too.
She is a complete bottle refuser. I've given up trying, we have a cupboard full of different brands of bottles. She's hit and miss with a beaker of water at mealtimes.
She's a reasonably good eater in terms of solids - 3x per day.
I feed her at 7am, post nap 1, post nap 2, before bed, at 10pm and once in the night usually.
My query is - should I just carry on with this routine for now, or should I start to try to readjust things to get her ready for boob free days... I.e. Dropping post nap feeds and offering cup of milk (doubtful she'll be keen though!)
I just don't want the shit hitting the fan in January and having extra stress when I'm back at work..
Thanks!

mintbiscuit Thu 29-Oct-15 13:00:15

Tbh i really wouldn't stress. I went back when ds2 was 10.5 months for 3 days pw at first. He was a good eater so just ensured I packed calcium rich foods for lunch and fed him more when we got home/on days off. I didn't want to stress him (or me) unnecessarily with making him drink milk from bottle or cup.

DrMum83 Thu 29-Oct-15 14:42:37

Thanks mint - that makes me feel better!

DrMum83 Thu 29-Oct-15 14:43:31

Did you express at work to keep supply up? I hope to breast feed in the day on my days off and wonder if not expressing 2-3 days in a row would affect supply?

Rinceoir Thu 29-Oct-15 17:31:42

I went back when my DD was 10.5 months, bottle refuser and not great on solids. We all survived! Your supply should be fine at this stage if you don't express. I never did and fed as normal on my days off.

NewBallsPlease00 Fri 30-Oct-15 02:22:36

You may find she tKes a bottle from nursery Staff, they seem to have a magic touch like getting my nap refusing baby to nap twice a day

Acorncat Sat 31-Oct-15 14:46:37

Mine started nursery at 12 months and at that point fed once during the day as well as morning and bedtime and all night. He gets milk in a cup at nursery, though I'm not sure how much he actually drinks. I did feed still on my days off but I found it easier to not bother, he didn't look for it. We briefly introduced a bottle at nursery to fill him up a bit more and he actually took that fine despite being a bottle refuser when he was younger. I think supply is so well established my 12 months that you shouldn't need to express at work, I certainly don't have issues anyway. Now at 13m we just feed morning, bedtime and any night feeds.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now