Advanced search

When do babies usually drop to 3 bottles a day?

(3 Posts)
MilkyChops Fri 23-Oct-15 19:52:57

I'm not in a rush at all to drop LOs milk, he has been having 4 bottles a day for a while now but the last couple of days he is just fannying about with his 11am bottle. He has 3 solid meals a day and likes to have a taste of what we're eating if we have a snack or eat at a different time and he can see us eating. He's really keen with his food and loves feeding himself which is great but I feel it's too soon for him to go down to 3 bottles. He's 7.5 months old. Should I just let him guide me? or should I encourage less food and more milk?

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 23-Oct-15 21:30:28

Until he's one, he needs a minimum of 20floz a day, so I wouldn't rush to drop a bottle just yet. Best to be guided by him. He needs the calories and nutrition from the milk much more than he needs solids smile

MilkyChops Fri 23-Oct-15 21:51:53

Wondering whether he would now prefer 3 7oz bottles to 4 6oz? So still getting 20oz but in 3 sittings rather than 4. I can try it tomorrow I suppose and see if he prefers that.

He loves greek yogurt, cheese and has milk on his cereals too and in mash etc.

He won't drink his milk at room temperature so just don't know what to take out with me at the moment as he refuses it then starts looking for it after lunch.. they are sent to try us eh thlwink

Wish I still milked, life was easier then blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now