Talk

Advanced search

How much should my 5wk old feed? (formula)

(5 Posts)
Fuzzyduck21 Thu 22-Oct-15 08:22:55

Title says it all smile he used to feed every 3/4 hours and now it's every 2 hrs taking around 4Oz every time. Wonder if we should change milk as it's not satisfying his hunger? Used cow and gate but gave him terrible wind. Now on aptamil. Maybe sma worth a try?!?!

Thanks!

dementedpixie Thu 22-Oct-15 09:31:36

Could be a growth spurt. Have you tried offering more in the bottle at each feed?

Fuzzyduck21 Thu 22-Oct-15 12:26:21

He doesn't always finish a bottle but once in a while does polish one off completely so may be worth just making 5Oz and if he has it then great, if not then doesn't matter! X

NickyEds Thu 22-Oct-15 13:03:03

sma, C&G and Aptamil are all interchangable and no one will fill your baby up more than the others so I wouldn't bother changing again. You could try a bigger bottle but I'd be tempted to just feed every 2 hours tbh. My dd is 14 weeks and still feeds around every 2 hours!

CultureSucksDownWords Thu 22-Oct-15 13:07:42

Isn't the advice to feed on demand? So as much as he wants as often as he wants, without trying to encourage the finishing of bottles and so on. The way he's feeding sounds very normal for a tiny baby.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now