Talk

Advanced search

Skipping bf for a day

(4 Posts)
cabbageleaf Fri 18-Sep-15 18:33:12

DS is 11.5 mo, breastfed. I am planning to go away for a day and a half at the end of October. By then I think he might be having three feeds or so. Is it possible to skip one day and then resume bf?

Iamnotloobrushphobic Fri 18-Sep-15 18:35:39

It should be possible as breastfeeding has been established a very long time but you might get a lot of leakage and your breasts will feel very dull and uncomfortable unless you express att He times you would normally feed. Can you express beforehand and leave the milk rather than using formula?

CultureSucksDownWords Fri 18-Sep-15 18:47:55

Yes I would think so. As PP has said you'll probably want to express for your own comfort around the times you would usually feed.

daluze Sat 19-Sep-15 09:24:10

As above - it will be fine, but you'll need to expresss for your comfort. I was adimtted to hospital for a day when my boy was 1 year old, and I just hand expressed a bit and dumped when I felt uncomfortable (he was fine with cow's milk that day). Get breastpads, even if you normally don't need them - you are more likely to leak.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now