Talk

Advanced search

How long for cracks to heal?

(2 Posts)
weeblueberry Sun 23-Aug-15 17:47:10

My LO is 5 months and we've had good breastfeeding now for about three months. Some issues at the beginning but thrush was diagnosed and dealt with.

This last week she's had a stomach bug and was feeding a lot. It also coincided with her starting to get distracted on the boob and she's started moving her head away but not unlatching which caused a LOT of pain. Both things have resulted in pain and a big crack across my nipple. Only on one for the moment. If I treat it with Lasinoah how long should it take to heal? And is there anything else I can try to heal it faster?

Lindy2 Sun 23-Aug-15 17:55:51

When I had cracks I decided to use a nipple shield for a few days so it could heal properly. Luckily baby fed perfectly well with or without the shield and after a few days I was okay again. Alternatively if it just one side you might find that feeding on the good side and expressing from the sore side for a few days would give you time to heal.
I hope that helps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now