Hormones and cycle at 16months

(3 Posts)
ilovetosleep Fri 21-Aug-15 12:48:24

DS2 is 16 months and feeds twice in day light hours and 3 ish times over night. Still am yet to see my periods return and over the last month or so my night sweats like the early bf days have returned. The only thing that has really changed is that we have been trying to might wean, so shortening the lengths of feeds and some nights only feeding twice when it used to be more like 4-5times. GP has ordered full range of blood tests to check hormones. I'm a bit worried tbh as I really want a DC3. I was diagnosed with pcos about 10yrs ago but it was mild, didn't affect my ability to concieve either time and my only symptoms were irregular periods and evidence of cysts on a scan. Periods regulated within 3 months of daily Agnus castus which I stopped as soon as pregnant and have never needed since - periods returned exactly 12 months after DS1 and were regular from the word go.

Has anyone had such late return of AF and all been ok and normal?

Thanks

ilovetosleep Sat 22-Aug-15 19:36:07

bump

RaspberryBlonde Sun 30-Aug-15 15:27:04

Nothing for me until my DD was 17 months. AF came back within a few weeks of night weaning (no feeds from bedtime until 5am) and has been regular since then - she's now 21 months. i work four days a week but still feed first thing, at bedtime and during the day if she asks when I'm at home.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now