Talk

Advanced search

9 week growth spurt?

(3 Posts)
Lilipot15 Thu 20-Aug-15 20:36:34

9 week old baby has been tricky with feeding over the last couple of days - tugging at boob, thrashing, head butting. Not keen on taking a dummy.
Not spluttering / vomiting, otherwise well.....
Could this be a growth spurt?

Also in the daytime she rarely goes more than 2 hours between feeds, more like 1-1.5 hours. Is there anything at all I can do to space this out more?

I'm getting exhausted as I have an 18 month old too and having to rely on family help to keep up the BFing.

She will go for 3-4 hours between me going to bed at 10ish and first night sleep, then we cosleep rest of night when I think a lot of "snacking" may occur!

An hour ago she happily took nearly 3oz EBM from a bottle (expressed a couple of days ago) but now is back to the behaviour described above and when I try to hand express to see if milk there, there isn't!!

I'm struggling and feeling that if this carries on I may have to resort to formula. Is this a phase that is likely to pass? My first was like this but it was more manageable as I had less to do then!!

Lilipot15 Thu 20-Aug-15 20:37:48

Ps the daytime feed spacing has always been like this - never got to a 3-4 hourly pattern! (Although I believe this may be rare in BF babies?)

Lilipot15 Fri 21-Aug-15 07:38:14

Anyone?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now