Talk

Advanced search

feeding and periods

(5 Posts)
littleweed Mon 10-May-04 08:57:22

I haven't had a period since 2002!!
my DS is now 7 months. i breastfed him exclusively for 6 months and now am mixed feeding - BF breakfast and bedtime and formula in the day. when are my periods likely to return? Think I have semi permanent PMT but that's it!

Clayhead Mon 10-May-04 09:02:28

I got mine back at about 7 1/2 months with dd, when she started to drop her feeds I guess.

ds is 8 months and nothing yet! He has fed more often though, don't know if it's linked.

Have seen similar threads before and the whole thing seems very varied, I'm not much use, sorry

fairyprincess Mon 10-May-04 09:15:17

Hello Littleweed,

Can depend on hormonal balance. Some mums have periods when bf, some only when they don't exclusively bf & others when they stop. With me I fed dd1 until 18 months & then had a period 4 months later, with dd2 had period when she was 18 months & still feeding often. I'm feeding dd3 12 months often in the day - no period yet!! Somedays I do feel more pmt'ish than others. Happy not to have the expense of tampax etc - just spending on nappies

Best wishes

KateandtheGirls Mon 10-May-04 20:52:02

I breastfed my youngest till she was 17 months. My period came back at about 10 months.

littleweed Tue 11-May-04 08:47:36

my hormones must have heard me - guess what has just shown up....:-))

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: