Talk

Advanced search

Can I still use my DS's old bottles for new baby?

(6 Posts)
Masonmoo4444 Sat 15-Aug-15 22:38:17

Hi there!
This is my first ever post here, so bear with me. I have a beautiful 5yr9mths year old boy who was bottle fed with Dr Brown bottles and some Tommee Tippees. Since then they have been stored (cleaned lol!) in the loft in a sealed box. I am now expecting baby no.2 in March. Can theses bottles/teats still be used? Dont really want the expensive of 6/8 new Dr Browns, but if 100% necessary, I will. I'm afraid toxins etc may develop in the plastic, but surely they'd be ok?
Thanks for any replies and advice. confused

FATEdestiny Sat 15-Aug-15 22:41:09

Reusing the bottles is absolutely fine (mine were used for three children). But I would replace with new teats, since the rubber may break down. New teats for Dr Brows are available everywhere tho and much cheaper than buying whole new bottles sets.

ginagslovechild Sat 15-Aug-15 22:41:35

I'd wash them in the dishwasher then sterilise,, a couple of times.
Definitely buy new teats though.

ThomasDisaster Sat 15-Aug-15 22:44:12

I was planning to use the same bottles for my DD (3 year gap) but replace the teats as PP suggested.

In the end I bought new bottles as they were on special offer so it worked out cheaper to buy new bottles with teats included than to buy new teats separately!

FairytaleTraveller Sat 15-Aug-15 22:44:30

Yeah, I definitely thought about changing the teats. They can discolour too I think.

youlemming Sat 15-Aug-15 23:07:18

I have the same age gap and have recently unpacked the bottles and sterilising gear, after 5yrs the bottles look fine but the teats had turned orange so as said above they have been replaced.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now