Talk

Advanced search

Normal snacky feeder, or do I need to do more?

(4 Posts)
newtonupontheheath Sat 15-Aug-15 10:11:03

DS2 is 3 days old. Milk came in over night and after being up with him all night the previous night feeding him, he has now settled into having really short (5-10 min) feeds and going to sleep. I've tried to prompt him to take more but he really is fast asleep.

He's really content, probably the most content of all my children! Lots of wet and poo nappies, alert when he is awake.

Does this sound ok? Or like I should be doing more to get him to feed for longer? This is my third time bfing but they're all so different!

SurlyCue Sat 15-Aug-15 10:15:52

His tummy is tiny and also, it takes lots of energy to stay awake when you are so small. It is normal, babies tend to know when theyre done. Dont try and force him to take more. He is only 3 days old, it will settle, day by day, into a longer feeds and less sleeping. Dont worry. smile

FreeButtonBee Sat 15-Aug-15 10:22:52

He might just be very efficient! I would possibly try to make sure to feed every 2 hrs at this point, just to maximise his chances of taking in calories over the day time.

I am jealous as ds2 (5 days old) and while doing really well likes a good long hour long session at the boob each time! Other end of the spectrum entirely.

newtonupontheheath Sat 15-Aug-15 11:13:57

Yes that's what my other two were like so probably why I'm panicking!

Feeding again now, just over an hour since he finished the last one. I'm offering every time he murmurs so he'll get as much as he wants. I guess I'm not used to super speedy feeds.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now