Talk

Advanced search

Portable nursing pillow?

(11 Posts)
saranga Fri 14-Aug-15 19:55:21

Can anyone recommend a portable nursing pillow? I'm about to start taking my 4 week old into town for a few hours at a time and will need to feed him, but without my pillow that I use at home he's really heavy and my arm aches! I need something that I can put in the bottom of the pram, along with the change bag. Any ideas? Or should I just use the change bag?

DougalTheCheshireCat Fri 14-Aug-15 19:57:46

Look at thru'penny bits (website) lovely things and they tie in so you can feed anywhere. I bloody loved mine. I also used it as a cushion (tied to em) for DD to ride around on when she was 6 months plus getting heavier and still waiting to be carried about with me at certain times of day - saved my back!

shoopshoopsong Fri 14-Aug-15 20:05:44

Not answering your question but I just crossed my legs and lent my elbow on my knee and leant over a bit, or propped my leg up on something to raise my knee up high enough to lean on because taking a pillow everywhere will soon seem like an unnecessary faff

Superlovely Fri 14-Aug-15 20:11:35

I used my big changing bag, can you try that? I don't think you would want to lug a big pillow about.

BumWad Sat 15-Aug-15 06:08:41

Can you find a blow up one?

Orangedaisy Sat 15-Aug-15 06:13:54

I have a travel boppy. Bought it from a shop in the U.S. online as I couldn't find one here. It was expensive but worth every penny. Made BF out and about comfortable-before it arrived I really struggled. Got many admiring comments too. Will see if I can find a link....

Orangedaisy Sat 15-Aug-15 06:17:07

[http://www.amazon.co.uk/Travel-Pillow-Basket-NewBorn-Children/dp/B00GZ21DS0] but says unavailable for now. Will keep hunting...

Orangedaisy Sat 15-Aug-15 06:17:38

www.amazon.co.uk/Travel-Pillow-Basket-NewBorn-Children/dp/B00GZ21DS0 oops

Peaceloveandcustardcreams Sat 15-Aug-15 06:24:46

I sit with my leg up on my knee, and push my foot against a table leg or wall, if that makes any sense? Takes the weight off my back. I also used to fold up my coat or use a bag of rolled up cloth nappies as a cushion when DS was smaller. Congratulations on your new baby!

5YearsTime Sat 15-Aug-15 06:28:21

I would say just forget it and get used to it. I started off being heavily reliant on a pillow but found the more I fed out and about the easier it got. Your arms will build up strength and you won't always have your pillow with you.

Orangedaisy Sat 15-Aug-15 06:30:03

www.amazon.com/Boppy-Travel-Pillow-Olivia-Dot/dp/B007U8FT7Y found it on US Amazon, works out at just over £50 including shipping. Roughly what I paid and would do it again in a heartbeat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now