Talk

Advanced search

Help! What do I feed my 1year old?

(3 Posts)
izzyness Wed 12-Aug-15 20:56:16

So up until now I've been feeding DD jars of food mostly because I'm an awful cook but also because I actually don't know what to cook for her. My husband and I are picky eaters staying pretty much away from veg altogether. I would hate to pass this on to DD. My question is what should I be feeding a 1 year old? Portion size etc?

CultureSucksDownWords Wed 12-Aug-15 21:58:48

I think it would be a good opportunity to start eating a more balanced diet with your DD. The best way of helping your DD not to be a picky eater is to give her a wide variety of foods and model eating them for her. If she sees you refusing vegetables, how will she be persuaded to eat them?

In terms of what to give her, normal family meals. So easy things like spag bol, shepherds pie, lasagne, mild curry and rice, a Sunday roast and so on. You could get a beginners cook book (Jamie Oliver I think has some good ones), and have a go at whatever takes your fancy.

MrsCurly Wed 12-Aug-15 22:16:02

Boiled eggs and soldiers. Cheese on toast. Broccoli in pasta with grated cheese. Sweetcorn. Cucumber and carrot sticks. Baked potatoes and cheese. Rice cakes. All super easy. But what CultureSucks says. Cooking can be very simple. Don;t be afraid.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now