Talk

Advanced search

Formula makes my 12mo sick, but not cow's milk

(5 Posts)
rightsaid Mon 10-Aug-15 14:03:57

DS was formula fed from birth. He's been very sicky. Posseting/sick after every feed for a whole year. Messy. C&G, Aptimil and SMA. HV just said he'd grow out of it, wasn't worried as he was gaining weight and happy etc.

Moved him onto cows milk at 12mo, no sick at all. Not a spot. After this I found 2 cartons of aptamil in his changing bag (in date etc), so gave them to him when we were out. Sicky after both (different days).

I assume it can't be cow's milk intolerance as he's fine with actual milk and a really good eater.

Has anyone ever heard of this? Is there something else in formula that might not have agreed with him?

Christelle2207 Mon 10-Aug-15 14:43:14

I can't help but my friend had similar. Initially bf, then ff- lots and lots of sick
Solids at 6m- a bit sick
Cows milk at 12m- no sick

Now at nearly 2 he has stopped being sick. Clearly there was something in bm and fm and some food but despite various visits to docs they never got to to the bottom of it.
Noone was that concerned
(Except for my friend) because baby was growing fine, despite always having been on the small side.

ispyfispi Mon 10-Aug-15 21:36:03

Have you tasted formula? It's really gross!

Tangoandcreditcards Tue 11-Aug-15 08:04:22

Thanks christelle - it's good to know it's not just me. Yep, not overly concerned - just interested, really - especially as I'm expecting DC2 and wonder if it's worth buying a Rug Doctor instead of hiring one every month in case the next one has the same problem!!

ispy haha - that is SO true.

Wolfiefan Tue 11-Aug-15 08:06:40

The Bissell little green machine from Lakeland is your friend. Portable and quick to use. Will clean patches of carpet!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now