Talk

Advanced search

Help with night weaning!

(4 Posts)
Milkyway1304 Sat 08-Aug-15 23:40:49

We think it's time to night wean 15month DD. She only wakes once most nights and I don't mind feeding her at 3am-ish at all. I'm concerned as her appetite for food is so poor and she consistently refuses breakfast.

So last night we tried Jay Gordon's plan. I know she can fall asleep without a feed, she does so every second night for DH. I fed her, but unlatchedher still awake. She protested a little, as expected but then climbed over me, said bye and marched around the bedroom. One of us would pick her up, cuddle and shush her to no avail. She screamed until she could walk around again. In her sleeping bag no less. 2.5 hours later, at 5am she was still wide awake and I gave in and fed her.

When I work night shifts she snuggles in to DH and goes back off to sleep happily, but I need to be able to settle her too. Does anyone have any advice/experience/words of wisdom?

Milkyway1304 Sun 09-Aug-15 10:02:52

Hopeful bump! Night two was no better!

chumbler Sun 09-Aug-15 14:23:30

can dh settle her every night for a short while until she gets used to it? you could sneak out for a walk or something?

Milkyway1304 Sun 09-Aug-15 15:06:17

He can settle her at bedtime no problem usually, it's the middle of the night that's the issue. If I'm not there (I work nights every few weeks) she will usually go back to sleep for him after a cuddle, but if she knows I'm in the house she becomes inconsolable. This marching around the room and refusal to get back info cot is a new development though! My main concern is that she eats tiny amounts, which I'm sure is down to her frequent breastfeeds.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now