Talk

Advanced search

Period started exclusively BF baby 11 weeks - supply?

(5 Posts)
BumWad Sat 08-Aug-15 14:01:59

confused

I thought your period was meant to stay away for a good few months atleast if exclusively breastfeeding. Dad has just turned 11 weeks and I have started my period today. Now I know why I have ewcm two weeks ago.

Also DS seems hungrier than usual, in fact I feel like I can't keep up with feeding him, he used to get full off one breast but now has both and is hungry again within 1.5 hours. I don't seem to be able to pump as much either.

He is a preemie (4 weeks corrected). Has my supply dropped due to hormones? Will my supply increase/regulate again?

I'm peeved I've got my bastard period.

BumWad Sat 08-Aug-15 14:02:50

DS not dad smile

Stillyummy Sat 08-Aug-15 14:04:48

I have had 2 periods and breast feed. No changes to my milk but I do notice that when I have pmt the baby seems very grumpy- wonder if some of my hormones go into the milk?

Theresaflyinmyhouse Sat 08-Aug-15 14:07:46

You're one of the unlucky ones unfortunately! Some people do have periods. How long has he been super hungry? It's very likely just a growth spurt. He's probably developing his brain and using your boobs to develop it!

Keep going. You're doing great. Xx

ISaySteadyOn Sat 08-Aug-15 14:17:26

Keep at it. Sounds like a growth spurt to me. Get a boxset you've been meaning to watch and some chocolate if you like that and settle yourself on the sofa.

As PP said, you're doing well.

PS. My periods came back quickly too. I felt very cheated but never noticed any dip in my supply. DS was a preemie too and I still bf him at a big brawling 16 mo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now