Talk

Advanced search

4 day old cluster feeding

(8 Posts)
33goingon64 Fri 07-Aug-15 21:49:40

DS was 2 weeks overdue and is now 4 days old. Today he has been on the breast every hour, sometimes for 15 mins, sometimes for 40 mins. Is it because he's effectively further on in his development that this is happening so soon?

ziggyziggy Fri 07-Aug-15 22:01:50

i had cluster feeding just a couple of days out of hospital and it was hellish!

but it didn't last more than a few days, and it will pass, don't worry

my DS was also 2 weeks overdue, if that makes any difference?

you can't predict when they will have a growth spurt, it just happens when it happens, but it's common a few days after birth

don't stress and it will pass soon flowers

Cavort Fri 07-Aug-15 22:03:19

Yes possibly as the Wonder Weeks goes by due date rather than birth date, but in my experience (of only one BF baby so admittedly not exactly vast), lots of cluster feeding in the early weeks is very normal.

ziggyziggy Fri 07-Aug-15 22:05:03

isn't cluster feeding when they are having a growth spurt and are really hungry?

just thought wonder weeks is when they are more tetchy / difficult / sleepless than normal, although i guess if they are going through a developmental leap they might need to feed more.

CityDweller Fri 07-Aug-15 22:10:36

Sounds like a growth spurt. Just go with it - feed on demand!

33goingon64 Fri 07-Aug-15 22:23:16

Thanks. I am definitely feeding on demand. Just surprised as DS1 didn't start cluster feeding til 3 weeks or so - am increasingly convinced it's to do with him being overdue.

cantmakecarrotcake Fri 07-Aug-15 22:26:25

dd2 first cluster fed on day 2 (while they were trying to get me out of bed after my cs but couldn't because she just wanred to feed!). It's all normal, baby is just stimulating your supply.

cantmakecarrotcake Fri 07-Aug-15 22:27:39

She was 2 weeks overdue too (as was dd1 and she didn't cluster feed much at all)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now