Talk

Advanced search

Periods still not returned and only breastfeeding minimally.

(7 Posts)
blushingmare Tue 04-Aug-15 22:49:17

Anyone had a very delayed return of their period post birth? DS is now 15mo and I'm only breastfeeding twice a day now. But my period still hasn't returned, whereas it came back after 8 months with DD and I was still feeding a lot. Anyone else experienced this?

butternut22 Tue 04-Aug-15 23:37:55

Mine came back 6 months after I stopped bf DS1.

Haribolover Wed 05-Aug-15 06:59:55

Mine didn't come back until I completely stopped feeding and at the end couple of months I was only doing one a day as well.

MovingStress Wed 05-Aug-15 07:01:35

Are you also taking the pil? I wondered whether thisafftected mine

Superworm Wed 05-Aug-15 07:04:01

I breastfed for 2.5 years. From a year old DS fed twice daily, sometimes more if he was ill and my periods came back after 18 months.

squizita Wed 05-Aug-15 10:02:40

Not an expert but as periods return differently each time post partum even for ff mums, it could be the same for after bf too?
Also of course some women get pregnant when their lo is tiny and bf ... so it might be quite random!

I'm sure it's ok.

You could ring a bf helpline, they're bound to know whether it's imminent or you're a while off.

blushingmare Wed 05-Aug-15 19:19:17

Thanks all. Bizarrely, having posted this last night, I came on this morning. I'd actually put "pregnancy test" on the shopping list, but it turns out I'm actually just premenstrual,bloated and still carrying a tummy!! blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now