Talk

Advanced search

Not latching on one side

(6 Posts)
OneFlewOverTheMumsNest Sat 01-Aug-15 12:49:20

Dd2 is 5 weeks old and bf with no problems from birth. Today however she won't latch onto right side unless I hold her in rugby ball hold which suggests to me she might have pain or something if lying on her left. She does have a stuffy nose but nothing else to indicate a problem. Any ideas? She is still feeding fine btw, just not in normal position.

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 01-Aug-15 16:58:06

Seems pretty normal. Perhaps if she has a stuffy nose, it's just more comfy in that position.

monkey2014 Sat 01-Aug-15 19:39:22

my little boy is 16 weeks. i've had a few periods where he wasn't a fan of the right side, completely refused it a few times. went back to normal/happy both sides up till this week when he's suddenly not a fan of the left. can't work out what the reason is but he's not upset the rest of the time so i think he's just got a preference sometimes...sorry thats not very helpful is it! but I think it's ok smile

chumbler Sat 01-Aug-15 21:02:35

just go with it. you could feed lying on your side too if you get fed up with rugby ball

Laurenrocks Sun 02-Aug-15 21:32:51

My lo does exactly the same. She has a really bad latch on my right breast unless she's in the rugby ball hold. Very inconvenient to feed in public!

OneFlewOverTheMumsNest Tue 04-Aug-15 22:51:35

Sorry for delayed reply - completely forgot. I think she was just being a fussy monkey as she was back to normal the next day. Thanks for advice all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now