Talk

Advanced search

Expressing

(3 Posts)
samroberts2 Thu 30-Jul-15 14:58:01

Hi, im breastfeeding my week old baby. I also want to express and was just wondering how much does everyone express when breastfeeding your little one. Thanks in advance

Racheyg Thu 30-Jul-15 20:48:29

I'm no expert but can share my experience.

They normally recommend to wait 6 weeks until breast feeding has been established before pumping. I didn't as was keen to build up a stash.

I used to have a manual pump but have since invested in a electric.

As I ebf I can only get about 5-7 oz a day from both breast combined. I pump 2/3 times a day 2 times in the morning at about 3am and 6am as ds2 is asleep and around 22.00.

Keep in mind that how ever much u pump is not a indication on how much your baby gets. If you need more info kellymom is a good website

Good luck x

kittyvet Thu 30-Jul-15 20:55:31

Used to get 3-40z in the early days- froze that down for future use but we never needed it. Now back at work and get about 1-2oz after morning feed before work. I get on best if I feed one side and express the other. My baby is 9 mths. Best not to introduce bottle until 6 wks + when baby used to breast.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now