Talk

Advanced search

Breastfeeding twins help

(9 Posts)
LadyRanson Thu 30-Jul-15 14:57:20

Help, I am new to breastfeeding twins! This is a bit challenging. What cushion would you recommend? The one I am using is useless and it is hard work. I really want to feed them together and get my life back! I have seen this... opinions please. www.peanutandpiglet.co.uk

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 30-Jul-15 22:21:36

No experience sorry but hopefully someone will be along soon smile

QueenofallIsee Thu 30-Jul-15 22:57:59

I used one of the big Y shaped cushions but did not always tandem feed, one boob for Thing 1, t'other for Thing 2 and i did not find that too stressful really, they seemed OK to wait their turn!. I def found the 'rugby ball' hold easier for tandem feeds though

defineme Thu 30-Jul-15 23:06:45

I always tandem fed and always rugby ball style, each had 'their' boob and i just used the generic v cushion supporting them and my elbows or just a couple of normal ones.

lendi Fri 31-Jul-15 13:01:37

I use Harmony duo here for my 4 month old twins. Always tandem at night and usually during day at home. So much easier than a v pillow or stacks of pillows as puts them at a good height and is firm
Think peanut and piglet one is similar.
Do u know about the breastfeeding twins UK Facebook page? Lots of advice and support there and think someone has reviewed that cushion recently.

samantha2798 Fri 31-Jul-15 14:59:46

I have been researching tandem feeding and there are reviews for Peanut and Piglet on Amazon as well as their own website. You could also look on Designed for Twins. It sounds good. Good luck.

Coffeemarkone Fri 31-Jul-15 15:06:37

can I just say as the mother of twins, all this blithe talk of 'tandem' feeding and how easy it all was might just be a tiny bit misleading.
What I mean is, that if you do find it really difficult, dont beat yourself up, and you can always bottle feed as well. Hush ma mouth!

Coffeemarkone Fri 31-Jul-15 15:07:22

That cushion looks great btw.

LadyRanson Tue 04-Aug-15 19:45:41

I bought the Piglet Pillow and it is amazing! It just arrived and we can all feed in comfort. I am handsfree typing now and my babies are in the perfect latch position. Breastfeeding twins is hard, but this cushion will defo makes it easier. I highly recommend. Happy twin mummy
www.peanutandpiglet.co.uk
xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now